Friday, November 10, 2006

I Lost Him Forever

I lost my father, the most adorable person in my life. It took 10 days for me to recollect my memory on him. I was thinking in the dark, hours spent to recall the joyful times we spent together finding that I will never ever be with him.

He always appeared with a smile to make people happy. The villagers loved him a lot and called him " Ananda Mahaththaya". Being an English teacher he used to teach English to children and it was almost free. Money was not a big issue for him. He was clearly out of the so called race among people who pursue wealth, power, etc. what they believe as the most important things in life. Instead he earned people.

I remember what he gave me as a child. The small amount of extra money he earned was spent on buying Ayya and me a Construction Set, a Mechano Set which paved the path for us to achieve the things in life. I remember how he bought me "Vidusara" the science paper every week.

The salient feature of his life was to accept whatever happens and he adjusts to the situation. He was so kind and always told me to be kind.

I have only one wish. I don't want him to attain Nibbana. I want him to be my father only once in my life since I have lot of things to tell him which I was unable to tell and I have lot of things to do on behalf of him. Then I want him to attain Nibbana and never suffer again in his life for a slightest thing in life.

Thaththa, I want to be like you, kind and simple and I will never hurt anyone in this life .

1 comment:

Roshanthi said...

I'm really sorry about your loss. I believe that the people who pass away are still with us in spirit and though your father isn't here physically, he knows all you wish for him in spirit.