Saturday, November 25, 2006

Positive Vibrant

This was a phrase used my one of my much loved cousins in describing my father. He said my father had a 'positive Vibrant' in his voice.

I can recall many instances where my father using this remarkable ability of him. One such instance, I will never forget in my life.

When I was in Second year of University, I wanted to buy a computer. But I was hesitant to ask my parents about this because I knew their financial constraints. However one day Thaththa was listening to a conversation I had with one of my batchmates. After the discussion he queitly came to me and asked "Do you want to buy a computer? "

I lied saying "No".

But he was in touch with my feelings and said: " Once I get my money which is expected to be released I will buy you a computer"


He bought me one. He never ever expressed his desires and never thought of buying anything for him. It is not the amount he gave me, but the intention to fulfill our dreams was GREAT.

I owe you a lot not in monetary terms but in terms of the rich feelings you gave me which has been deposited in my heart which will enhance with time.

No comments: