Saturday, November 11, 2006

We are Proud of You

Dear Thaththa,

I know from the very first day I was born, you were behind me in every achievement I made.
The pleasent smile I inherited from you helped me to face people as a pleasing personality. Your kind way of greeting people allowed me to be with people so I never felt I was alone. Your knowledge in the English language guided me to communicate with people with confidence. Your way of speaking to people never allowed me to hurt anyone.
You have given life to five strong personalities. I'm sure we all made you proud and that's why you passed away without worries. I know everything you did for the benefit of us and one day we all tell our flesh & blood that how great you were. We are capable of telling the world that we are the proud children of "Ananda Karunaratna"who never hurt anybody and loved by many people.

Thaththa, though I tried my best not to cry as an adult, every morning I wake up with tears in my eyes. I never see you in my dreams because you are not a dream to me. Once I close my eyes I can visualise the kind face of you and that enables me to face the world with confidence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathies.
But think that your father is with you in every occasion of your life, giving his blessings as he always used to be.