Saturday, October 28, 2006

Music is a Balm

"Sandak Basa Giyaa Avaragire Irak Udaa Karalaa....................."
This famous song by Clarence reminds me a lot about my childhood.
There are lot of songs which relate to my life. Every word of them remind me series of events threfore I don't need a Time Tunnel to go into the past.
One such song is "Me May Gaha Yata.............". I was far behind some of my batchmates who could sing well. Chandana, Sola and Suminda were great performers. However I managed to sing that song wearing a shirt similar to the colour of May flowers during the welcome party given to our junior batch. It was the third song I sang in open stage. Of course the first song I sang was " Banen Banda.........." at our "Daham Pasala". I was small then and sang without background music. These two songs remind me the two eras I spent.
The second song was the most difficult one I sang. I sang that song at Aquinas during an Oration, the topic was "Song is a Balm". During my speech I suddenly sang "One Day in Paradise.........."

No comments: