Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jealousy


This very strong emotional feeling which I have experienced throughout my life is really confusing in expaining. There are no clear cuts for jealousy.

One thing I experienced during my university days were the perpetual effort of fellowmen to be the best. But only one can be the best. When the best person is unanimously chosen, the members of the rest tries to be the second best. So it is perpetual.

The best doesn't have the feeling of jealousy(not always). Since there is no one above him. Instead, what he does is support the rest with what he already possess. For instance the best in my super senior batch used to write answerscripts for past papers in his own handwriting, photocopy the same and distribute among all his batchmates. Great! He had no doubt about the fact that they could beat his aggregate in exams. Or rather he had no feeling of jealousy that someone could climb the ladder closer to him. Furher he lectured them in so called "Kuppi" ( Campus term for conducting unofficial lectures to pass knowledge on difficult subjects, in Sri Lanka).

One friend of mine used to appreciate every good thing she sees with a very pleasant smile.I don't know what was in her mind but her expression reveals she is not corrupted with jealousy.

I was jealous of various things in life. I'm trying my best to get rid of this harmful emotion.

No comments: