Wednesday, December 20, 2006

His Flexibility

My father was a very flexible person. He allowed us to decide of our own. This reminds me Buddha's teachings about "Kalama Sutra", the last line which says:

"After observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and the benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

My sister explained one such instance he allowed her to decide of her ownas follows:

"Thaththa used to dress me up sometimes, when I was in the kindergarten. I can remember once I wore a frock to school with all the buttons in the back. That dress had the buttons in the front but I did not listened to my father and said it is dressed in the other way. He didn’t argue with me. He was such a flexible person."

No comments: