Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Being Alone

Yesterday I experienced being totally alone. Normally I used to have partners in my life to share with. I could recall how I spent my university days with three other guys in the same room. We shared the same rice packet, gathered and discussed our difficulties and almost everything in life.
All of a sudden the loneliness has given a meaning to my life. It will make you more strong and more confident in a way. I thought of a life of an ascetic. He might have to be very strong not to give up his effort since there is nobody to encourage him. On the other hand he might have been really happy to be alone without a single person to discourage him.
However, loneliness pave a new way for you to think, to steer your own path. That I have experienced for the first time in my life.

3 comments:

Roshanthi said...

I too experience being alone for the first time when I came here to study, and though it can be lonely at times, I think it can really build character and you can only really find yourself when you're alone away from the influences of others. It also improves confidence, as you realize that you can manage on your own.

Atasha said...

Oh that is so true. I experienced the same thing when I packed up and left my mother's house, jumped on a plane and moved to CA. It was very hard but it was also necessary for me to become the person I am today.

Hope you don't mind me reading. Found you by way of smiley's blog

PRIYANKA said...

Thanks Atasha